Sunday, July 02, 2006

It sure has been a while

Yeah I haven't updated my blog in a long time. This is for the following reasons:

1. I am a lazy piece of shit
2. It's summer, so I tend to have nothing to write about, due in most part to reason ..1
3. On the occasion that something really amazing happens, I don't remember enough of it to write about.

Here are some things that I've been thinking about recently.

- If you're in a restaurant, look at all the employees. Find the most disgusting one. Look for the one that's drooling, talks much too loud, has two different colored eyes and oddly placed facial hair, and carries an unrecognizable odor. 9 times out of 10 it's the DISHWASHER! Does this trouble anyone else as much as it does me? The guy washing the fucking silverware that I'm going to be placing in my mouth is the most repulsive person in the building! Think about that next time you're in a restaurant.

- Being a delivery driver for a pizza place that rhymes with Pizza Slut, I get shafted on tips a lot. The other day though, something happened that really pissed me off. I took a delivery of about $25 or so to this housing development a couple miles out of town. By housing development, I mean a cluster of multi-million dollar mansions overlooking Cayuga Lake. Allow me to preface this little gem with the fact that the guy who ordered the food actually had the audacity to place his order under the name DOCTOR JONES. All I asked for was your name, sir, not your fucking profession or level of education. Asshole. So anyway, I take this delivery and it's charged to a credit card. This means he has to sign the piece of paper and write in a tip. He does this, and hands me the slip, and I walk back to my car. As always, I looked at the tip line because I want to know how much money I will get, and I see that this fucking tool wrote in $3 as a tip, CROSSED IT OUT, and then wrote $2. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! This guy who clearly has money coming out his tight ass hole (forget about his huge lake mansion, he made it known to the world that he's a doctor!) thought $3 would be a good amount, then analyzed the situation and deemed that to be too much, scratched it, and settled on $2. What a fucking prick. I literally get bigger tips from people in trailer parks.

-Everyone should check out the band Revision. I saw them for the first time when I was at school and after talking to them learned that they were from Ithaca. Although they tour pretty extensively, I was lucky enough to catch them playing a show in Ithaca last night. Their web site is www.revisionmusic.com

Another sweet artist to check out is a guy that jumped on the mic at the Revision show last night. I know him only as Terrordome and he is one of the sickest rappers I've heard in a long time. He's got a great flow and some thoughtful and interesting lyrics. I'm very critical of rap/hip-hop and most of it I find to be awful (especially most of this shit nowadays), but this guy is really worth listening to. Check him out here: www.myspace.com/teedome

I guess that's about it for now. I have to go deliver pizzas to assholes for a few hours and then come back here to get rested for the upcoming festivities. I'll be spending the next few days partying on Seneca Lake at my boy's lake house for 4th of July. Be jealous. Or call me and join in on the fun. Either way, don't expect any updates here any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home