Saturday, January 07, 2006

Fucking A

I cannot stress enough how sometimes the most insignificant things can just make me so irritated. I was delivering for Pizza Hut tonight, and I was listening to my usual dose of NPR. It was a pretty good experience, as usual, until this one lady came on to talk about Financial Planning for the New Year. I don't remember her name; all I remember is that she repeatedly said ECK-CETERA or EX-ETERA. For christ's sake, the phrase is ET CETERA! How can you possibly be on a nationally broadcasted radio talk show and be taken seriously saying shit like ECK-CETERA?! There is neither a "K" nor an "X" in the phrase ET CETERA. This woman might as well have been saying "li-bary" or "pun-kin" or something equally moronic. As George Carlin wisely stated once, "Pay attention to the language we've all agreed upon!"

1 Comments:

At 1/08/2006 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such is the crazyness of the language we know, speak and love/hate at the same time. I've always pronounced it "ek-cetera". I've heard it pronounced that way time and time again. So, with that in mind, the real criminals here are the people who get away with saying "supposevly" in lieu of "supposeDly" or "libary" in lieu of "library". Also including "punkin" in lieu of "pumpkin".
So there you have it. My drunk comment. Your new job is to comment on one of my posts goddamnit.

P.S. If anyone speaks the word "et-cetera" which 80% of the population do not, then I'll kill 'em because they don't conform to our jibber jabber slang filled english language that we've all come to speak. It's a hybrid sen!


Notice the sen?


You did.

Peace sen.

p.p.s. I'm drunk, obviously...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home