Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Saw II review

Today I partook in an off-campus adventure that didn't involve alcohol. That was a nice change of pace. My roommates and I went down to the mall to see Saw II. Since I have a few minutes to kill before dinner, I'm going to post a short review.
Very few sequels live up to the original movie. That being said, Saw II fell into that category. The nature of the original Saw, the whole concept of the movie, and most of all the surprise ending put it easily in my top 10 movies ever. I think it really is in a class of its own as far as suspense/horror movies go. So despite hearing rave reviews of Saw II, I was still a little skeptical about it being "much better than the first" and it having a "much more surprising ending."
Although it wasn't as good as the first, Saw II really was an awesome movie. It definitely has parts that are more gory, more extreme, and more surprising than the original (excluding the end of the original). I liked the way the movie was filmed, and I thought the acting was actually better than the first. Sorry Cary Elwes, I really thought you were better in Liar Liar. Overall, though, it really wasn't quite as good as the first one. There are also many parts of Saw II that didn't make much sense to me, but out of respect for people who haven't seen it yet, I won't include those in my review (no one likes that guy).

Overall rating for Saw II: A-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home