Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hulbert Dining Hall Review

Will and I decided to grab some food at the supposed new-and-improved Hulbert Dining Room. I can tell you that it was a big mistake to eat there.

-My cheeseburger was horrid. The bun was so crusty it almost crumbled when I picked it up. I inspected the inside, and found the toppings to be pretty old. The tomato slice was shriveled and starting to look like a lumpy red finger or something. The lettuce was really dark green and uninviting. The cheese was neither melted nor fresh; it was kind of a post-being hot phase. It was very hard also, which grossed me out. I never thought I'd crave a Wilsbach phase-burger. Needless to say, I didn't even take a bite of this "cheeseburger."

-I try the fries. Blah. Very cold and under-cooked. I try a few more just to make sure the first one wasn't a fluke, and of course it was not. Boo to the whole cheeseburger/fries situation.

-The pasta I got wasn't too bad, but it wasn't cooked enough. I decide to take a safer road, and get a bowl of cereal. Can't go wrong right? Well, almost right.

-There wasn't anything wrong with the cereal, but at Wilsbach they have awesome cereal: Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruit Loops, etc. At Hulbert, this is what they had: regular Cheerios (not something good like Honey Nut Cheerios, because they rock), Cornflakes, generic Kix, Frosted Shredded Wheat, and Raisin Bran. Did I accidentally stumble into the health food section or what? I get regular Cheerios just so I can fill my stomach a little bit.

-Before we depart, I decide to get a cup of coffee. It was so unnecessarily hot that it was scalding my fingers even through the cup.

Overall Hulbert Dining Hall rating: D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home