Wednesday, November 09, 2005

AXE: The College Shower

I love axe. Not only do I have the AXE "body spray," which I think is owned by almost every single college guy, but I also own the actual AXE anti-perspirant/deoderant AND the shower gel. As I write this, I see the AXE arsenal in front of me. It's like a small army. I have Kilo, Phoenix, Touch, Orion, Unlimited, and Apollo.

"Why so many scents?" you might find yourself wondering. Why not? Variety is the AXE scents of life, or something like that.

Also, I tend to use AXE a lot for what I think it should be used for: an alternative to showering every day.

"Wow, this kid sure is a scumbag."

No, I'm really not. At home I shower every day. I just don't like showering in the dorm showers. They're disgusting, and the whole process of putting on shower sandals, carting my shower caddy and towel around, and walking all the way down the hall is so annoying. I still shower, don't get me wrong, but only when I smell or get dirty. I think it was George Carlin who once said that unless you're a garbage man or you do something every day that involves intense physical labor in which you sweat profusely, a shower every day is just unnecessary. I wholeheartedly agree. I partake in the "AXE shower" when I wake up. This involves a quick re-application of deoderant, a spray of the body spray on your new outfit (or sometimes, depending on how much you drank the night before, the outfit you passed out in), and you are ready to go. No disgusting tub, no moldy shower curtain, no uncomfortable shower sandals, no hike to get there...it's just a better experience. It's faster, safer (you can't contract any diseases or slip and fall in the AXE shower), and just as effective.

As it is, however, even the AXE shower can't save me today. I'm off to the dorm shower.

1 Comments:

At 11/09/2005 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home